Guide to your financial reports
Download your Guide to Your Financial Reports .
Your financial reports tell you the story of your business; allowing you to interpret the results of your business activity. The better you understand your financial reports, the better your decision-making and results will be.
We want to share the benefits of understanding your numbers, give you an overview of the standard reports and provide helpful tips on using them to improve your business.
The benefits of knowing your numbers will allow you to:
- Understand whether your business is growing or shrinking
- Track trends over time
- Compare results to your expectations (as set in your budget)
- Compare results between years or different periods
- Identify areas of strength and weakness
- Measure your business efficiency
- Measure the value of your business
- Identify symptoms of underlying problems
- Measure your cashflow
- Make better business decisions
Knowing your numbers puts you in a far stronger position to make informed decisions and measure the impact of those decisions on your results, enabling you to take corrective action.
This guide is designed to be general in nature and is no substitute for specific one on one advice. We strongly recommend you talk to us about your unique situation and how we can help you improve your business.